I awoke a few weeks ago to a call at 4am. Calls arriving at this hour typically don't bring joyful news. With a tearful voice, Sarah informed me that her mother had died that night, after a battle with cancer. Sarah lost her best friend, her mentor, and her mother. I pray that she will seek comfort in the loving arms of her God, knowing that he is a good and righteous Heavenly Father who loves his children.
Sarah, I know you love music, so may this song be an encouragement to you. Love you much! Cari.
"I Know not why God's Wondrous Grace"
I know not why God's wondrous grace
to me hath been made know;
nor why unworthy as I am;
he claimed me for his own.
I know not how this saving faith
to me he did impart;
or how believing in his word
wrought peace within my heart.
But I know whom I've believed;
he's able now to save
what I've committed unto him until that final day.
I know not how the Spirit moves;
convincing men of sin;
revealing Jesus through the word,
creating faith in him.
I know not what of good or ill
may be reserved for me,
of weary ways of golden days
before his face I see.
I know not when my Lord may come;
I know not how or where,
if I shall pass the vale of death,
or meet him in the air.
But I know whom I've believed;
he's able now to save
what I've committed unto him until that final day.
(words and music by Stuart Townsend, 1999, Kingsway Thankyou Music)
No comments:
Post a Comment