Melody's Salsa
2 Large Tomatoes, diced into small pieces
Cilantro, cut small (I used Kitchen Shears and it worked well) I used about 1/2 of the bundle they give you int he store. This can be flexible.
1/2 Large Onion, diced into small pieces
Jalapeno Pepper
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Mix together and serve.
Simple Salsa
2 large, ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup mild or sweet onion
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons canned, diced green chilies (I used fresh Jalapeno.)
2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced (or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder)
Freshly ground pepper
Preparation:
1. Dice the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro into chunks using a knife. Put them in a blender or small food processor.
2. Add the chilies, vinegar, salt, garlic or garlic powder, and pepper to the blender, and pulse briefly to blend. Pour into a serving bowl. Cover and keep in refrigerator until needed.
Serve with 8 cups reduced-fat tortilla chips.
2 comments:
I love making fresh salsa during the summer. It's so good. Even Philip likes it! :-) Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Yummy! That sounds great. I'm excited about the Bible study you're leading. I miss you. Can we talk on the phone sometime? Maybe in a few weeks when I'm out for Christmas or something! I'd love to see how you're doing!
Post a Comment