Monday, January 19, 2009

Grammy's Chicken Pot Pie

This is the greatest recipe for chicken pot pie. Our family has adopted it from my Mother-in-law (one of the greatest cooks I know). She can take anything in the kitchen and make it yummy, a gift I simply do not have!! Here is what I do... I cook a chicken or a turkey and we eat that for dinner (I will post a wonderful chicken recipe too). Then I take all the leftovers off the bone and throw them into the pot-pie. It makes about two pie size pans or one large 9x12 dish. They freeze great. We make two pie sized pans, eat one, and freeze or give away the other!

Grammy's Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
* chicken pulled from bone
* two cans of Veg-all (mixed veggies)
* two cans of Cream of Chicken soup (I use campbell's healthy request)
* Pie dough (you can make it from scratch or buy pillsbury roll out dough - 2 boxes)

Directions:
* place Dough in bottom of 2 pie pans (or 1 large casserole).
* mix all ingredients and place pie
* place dough on top of pie pans and trim as needed.
* Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until done.
* If freezing: bake for 15 minutes, cool, and freeze.

Enjoy!

No comments: