Monday, April 12, 2010

Join me? Yes, I believe I will.

"join me?" was a post from my dear friend (far away), Jill K's family Blog.

I am going to join her! Won't you? Thanks Jill for the encouragement and challenge. Praying for you and your family during this difficult time as you mourn the loss of little Maelee.

join me?

"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:1-2

I'm glad this is what we are commanded to do, because to have to fill our minds with the stuff of earth would lay me low- too low to live some days. Just in daily ordinary things, life can feel overwhelming. How much more so in times of hard loss?

So, in effort to SET my mind on the things of heaven, the things of God, I'm setting out a specific scripture memory- meditation aim. I'm going to be dwelling on 1 Peter 1-2 in the next few weeks. I look forward to soaking my brain and my heart in this great chunk of scripture. Hoping, trusting that it will become a filter for thoughts and a screen for the eyes of my heart.

1 comment:

Jill K said...

Sweet Cari,

How funny to see this here! I'm glad you're joining me for this. Turns out I decided chapter one by itself seemed best for the situation of loss our family is in... but chapter 2 is excellent still, for all the regular life stuff... I'm mostly focusing on chapter one for this time. It is sweet to have written next to the chapter heading "Memorized for Maelee Linn" because I really miss not getting to give her gifts or enjoy her little beauty. Sweet to be able to do a simple thing in honor of her... and to enjoy a good thing with her/ for her in a way.

I love you friend. I love catching up on your fun lives with your posts here.

Grace and peace to you in Christ,
jill