On that note, here is my Sunday.
My Horrible, no good, very bad DAY!!
Did you know that our house gets robbed every Saturday night? I am serious! For some reason the quiet intruder tends to always sneak away with my hair brush, Benjamin's socks, John William's shoes, Joshua's keys, my patience, and few happy hearts!!
What a vicious criminal. How dare he invade our home and create such chaos!
* * *
Let's face it, Sunday mornings can sometimes be a bear! The kids' schedules were off and my internal clock was a bit shifted due to the ever-so-anticipated Daylight savings time change; how could a mere 60 minutes mess up our systems so much? At any cost, the morning began with two screaming children, two adults having trouble getting out of bed, and no coffee filters. NO COFFEE FILTERS!!! (That wretched thief must have stolen those too.) I am pretty much on my own getting the kids ready for church each week because one drawback of the life of a Pastor's wife includes lonely Sundays. The kids and I typically do quite well with our Sunday morning routine, but all bets were off on March 8th! I managed to get Joshua out the door in a some what timely manner with no jelly finger prints on his suit or milk kisses form baby John on his pant leg. Both boys cried their hearts out when Joshua left.
I successfully got Benjamin dressed without completely loosing my temper at his multiple questions, procrastinating antics, and whining about not being able to run around "nakie." While I was internally gloating about my great patience with BB, John William decided to play in the toilet, and though his intoxicating smile & joyful play in the nasty bowl water momentarily swaying my heart to laugh, I completely raised my voice (yelled) at him to stop it! He cried at the strong crescendo of my voice, sending Benjamin into a crying fit as well. My nerves were on edge! Oh, how I longed for a cup of coffee or simply a IV of Caffine.
Bag in hand, kids in tow, and keys found I headed for the garage. Oh wait, I forgot to get dressed! And it was only 9am....
2 comments:
I love you, Cari!!!! Thanks for a great blog post...we've all been there. Oh, and praise God for the God that puts up with us!
ps--there must be some kind of national thievery ring because it happens here in Louisville too.
Cari- How precious you are to me dear!!! I LOVE this whole post- how too often posts are only bliss, how we need to really connect and then about this day for you. Thanks for sharing all of it. I hope we'll get a chance to connect in person this fall!! That would be such a treat!
Much love to you-
jill
Post a Comment