Do you ever get these ideas in your head of how things "will be" and then the actual event does not even resemble your perfect preconceived ideas of what it SHOULD be like. Last night was one of those...
We decided we would have an early night and watch a movie with the kids... The Nativity Story. We all snuggled up next to the TV and began watching... Well they were totally uninterested. Benjamin would NOT shut up (which is not unusual)... he kept asking where Jesus was... and why were there Bad guys...and where was the Manger (about 200 times) and when was Jesus going to die...
Meanwhile John William was practically climbing into the fireplace, jumping on the cushions, climbing all over my back and kissing us non-stop (while all those things were cute, we were tired and wanted to watch a movie). OK, I should have know, right? Right. We fast forwarded the movie to the end where Jesus was born in a Manger... That seemed to please everyone (except mommy). Here is a picture...
Another funny story...
Be careful with U-tube... I placed the kids in front of the computer yesterday to watch charlie brown's Christmas on u-tube (as we have no TV yet). We were all quite excited that I found it, I pushed play, and then I walked into the other room thinking I would have two minutes to finish laundry while the kids watched Charlie Brown. Suddenly, I heard voices that definitely were not Charlie, Lucy, or Snoopy and they were saying things that any mother would NOT want her child to hear... like places to hang the tensile (and not on the tree). I knew I made a mistake so I rushed in and quickly (not fast enough though) escaped from u-tube and it's frightening rendition of Charlie Brown's Christmas... :) My poor children. How will they survive!?
No comments:
Post a Comment