Busy busy busy.
If there is one thing I miss about small towns it is the pace. The boys and I had a very laid back and consistent schedule when we lived in Clewiston. There really wasn't any place to go other than church, parks, walmart, and the library, all of which were within a 1-10 minute drive or walk. I am now faced with lots of people, activities, and events.
On the plus side we love Phoenix. The zoo has won my heart. I love the trails and the peacefulness of the exhibits. We go... a lot! We have only a short drive to the library, gym, and parks. There is a great hiking trail a few minutes down the street and the boys like running up the dirt hill and sliding on the sand as I watch in horror that a rattle snake will jump out from behind a rock and show it's vicious fangs. (we have not seen one yet... but they are still COLD). The weather is chilly. It pleasant having fires and snuggling under blankets. Getting the kids dressed is a chore especially considering my oldest doesn't prefer to wear clothes at all. We still try to run around barefoot, though that is not an Arizona thing to do (possibly because everything in the wilderness here stings, stinks, or sticks). We have amazing twilights and sunsets.
It is an interesting place and definitely a melting pot of cultures and lifestyles. If you are brave enough to drive in this western town, you will notice quite abruptly that you are in a land of cowboys. THEY WILL RUN YOU OFF THE ROAD!! No kidding. Until it rains and then I run them off the road! hehe People are always open to talk and are quite friendly. I enjoy that!
2 comments:
Glad you are enjoying your new surroundings and you are getting use to the city life again. Small town life can get so mundane at times. Also glad to hear the people are friendly and don't have a mean spirit about them.
Love the pictures of the boys. They have grown so much in just a few months.
I just love these pictures!
Post a Comment