Friday, January 29, 2010

I have two favorite songs in times when I am thinking about the death of someone. One is a song by Sovereign Grace called "It is not Death to Die." The other song is "Goodbye" by west coast revival. In this case our church is mourning the loss of Hal Anders, a sweet Christian man & chairman of the Elders at our church. He died suddenly in his home Thursday afternoon.



"It is not Death to die, to leave this weary road,
and join the saints who dwell on high,
who’ve found their home with God.
It is not death to close the eyes long dimmed by tears,
and wake in joy before your throne,
delivered from our fears.

O Jesus, conquering the grave,
your precious blood has power to save.
Those who trust in you will in your mercy find
that it is not death to die.

It is not death to fling aside this earthly dust,
and rise with strong and noble wing
to live among the just.
It is not death to hear the key unlock the door
that sets us free from mortal years
to praise forever more.

O Jesus, conquering the grave,
your precious blood has power to save.
Those who trust in you will in your mercy find
that it is not death to die."

2 comments:

B Nettles said...

Cari,
I'm sorry about Hal. I know what losses like that entail, as do both of you.

Sarah said...

Cari, I love all your songs... you find the best ones! Miss you lots! Glad you are enjoying AZ!