Every day both Adam and I try to have some adventures in language and culture. For me today, there are two! First, I ventured to the Walmart (yes, Walmart!) with both girls in the sit-n-stand. Definitely got a lot of looks and was thankful to have been able to hang on to the stroller on the escalator ramp, but we had a really good time. I managed to communicate with some folks and the girls had many admirers. The coolest thing that happened though was that Katie had requested to purchase pickles and honey while we were out. Hm...wasn't sure I was going to be able to come through on that one, but I told her we'd give it a shot. So we get to the grocery aisles and I look up and (I am not kidding) one of the aisle signs says IN ENGLISH "Pickles" "Honey." Are you kidding? I told Katie to never forget that because (I believe) it was the Lord's way of telling her, "Katie, I love you, I am here with you, and I care about you very much." How cool is that?
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
"Pickles & Honey"- gotta love God's care for his children!
I have attached a new link on my side bar - One Step At A Time Please join me as i follow my dear friends Adam & Mary M's new life overseas. I love this excerpt from their first post in a forgein land! Love you guys...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment