Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Costco & Friends.

My friend announced after preschool today that she was going to Costco, so I bravely decided to invite myself. We declared it a trip of necessity simply because it is the cheapest place to get an all beef hot dog the size of your leg - meaning that the kids will eat a lot and possibly take a nap. It is a sad thing that you plan events throughout your day that will wear out your wild boys and push them into a mild comma mid afternoon - but some days mothers of boys do this!! So, after filling three little boys tummies full of hot dogs and coke, we decided to try to shop. This was hilarious. (for a number of reasons...).

We had two large carts, four little boys, including my baby cutie pie. Walking ahead of my friend, who was sporting the two three-year-olds in her cart, I entered the ginormous space filled with over sized things that no one really NEEDS but can easily find a reason to NEED as they walk by with their HUGE carts! I could hear my friend Jenn try to calm the wild boys as I walked faster and pretended to not know her. (hehehe).  After a few calls to get my attention I turned and replied, "I am sorry lady you must have mistaken me for someone else" - in an attempt to hide myself from her!  I suddenly heard, "Hey Cari Vincent from Trinity Bible Church!!!!" That girl is as bad as me! No hiding was allowed! :) We continued to cause a scene throughout out venture...

Life is fun to experience with friends. Even life with Costco, hot dogs, and four little boys.

Thursday I have chemo with a friend who I have never met in person. I am excited to meet this new friend who was brought into my life due to our common diagnosis, some mutual friends, and our common love of Christ. I am eager to deepen our friendship and thankful God has put her in my life even during these difficult circumstances. :)

Praise God for little things like new friends. :)









2 comments:

Jill K said...

so glad to hear this fun from your crazy boy-filled home.... And just so you know, I'd call you out loud and clear if I spotted you at Costco too. I would LOVE to get to visit with you, squeeze those boys, sit and laugh and pray and eat hot dogs together....

with much much love,
jill

Unknown said...

Do you know what's funny...my friend, Sarah, and I often go to Sam's when we "hang out!" Sounds like a fun day.