Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I am so blessed.

This mother's day was filled with three little smiles creeping into my bed. Three pair of eyes eager to spend the day with their mommy. Three little blond heads moving quickly to and fro. Three cute (sometimes messy) faces all in a row! I wanted to freeze mother's day this year. IT WAS PERFECT!!

We spent the day hiking in an area of AZ called the "rim". Benjamin told me every once in a while that this was my present... all of us hiking together. I liked the hiking part... LOVED the together part. We also learned a Bible verse for the weekend. Sweet times together as a family.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, a foolish man despises wisdom and discipline." Prob. 1:7

I love them so much. Those little boys who I would give my life for, who i pray for daily (sometimes more), who make me want to pull my hair out sometimes but always know how to give sweet hugs, enjoy a good book, and love on their mommy. They are truly sweet boys!! I am blessed to have this day with them and SO thankful for them!

 I have but one mother - perfect. I just want one.  I called and left her a quick message this mother's day (though she deserves so much more) to let her know that I loved her (we were out of cell phone range in a cabin for the weekend). I told her two things that I appreciate about her: 1. she taught me to memorize and love God's Word. 2. she taught me to have a love for God's creation.

There are so many other things I could have said. like...

she taught me that... God is good. Work hard, play hard, and don't confuse the two. Keep your house clean. Face hands often. Read. Sit in a tree with a really good book. Read your Bible. A little bit of bleach kills lots of bad things.  Hand washing is very important. Eat lots of vegetables. Enjoy differences in people. Be yourself. Remember your gifts... so many things.

Her mother taught her some of those things. Lottie D Cook. She was a grand woman of God. And her mother. and her mother's mother....

What a legacy of mothers.



No comments: