Monday, September 08, 2008

Vincent - Kynes reunion.

I have been meaning to write about our trip over labor day weekend to visit Will & Vanessa. Scotland was beautiful!!!

Ok, so we didn't really get to go to Scotland!! They were in Florida for a week and we drove to St. Pete to see them. We shared stories about our adventurous year -- the Vincents here in Florida and the Kynes in their world travels (mostly Scotland).

* Vanessa and I finally had a chance to get to know each other better since her year in Louisville was wedding planning and I was busy with a new born baby (BB). We decided we would love to live down the street from each other, share recipes, and let our kids play.
* We watched as McCain announced his running mate, Sarah Palin. We liked her right away!
* Benjamin helped Will build a sandcastle on the beach. Will is intense when he builds sandcastles. It is a serious thing!! BB also learned how to take the foam noodle and crash it into Will's head. (He is still talking about this.)
* Joshua forgot BB's fish crackers in his swim trunk pocket, jumped in the pool, and then tried to catch all those soggy goldfish.
* We showed Will & Vanessa the joys of children -- BB threw up all over the sofa and floor. Then, he was so tired that he actually fell asleep with his head resting on the toilet. Poor little guy! But both boys were so cute that they still want children of their own despite the puke incident -- thank goodness.
* Joshua and I realized how much we cherish our friends, and though they live far away we know that whenever we get together it will seem like no time has passed. That is a precious thing!


Vincent - Kynes sounds pretty good for a wedding!! Hey, you guys need to have a little girl! :)

1 comment:

Will and Vanessa said...

I hope we get to enjoy more reunions in the near future. A house down the street sounds pretty good though I don't know if my head can take more pounding. I need every brain cell I've got.

Also- V and I are going to a McCain/Palin rally tomorrow. Vanessa is going to try to hug Sarah!