FINALLY!! The weather in this desert has cooled down enough to ENJOY being outside, and this is one thing we are all very thankful for. Amidst chemo, yucky days, joyful moments, and other stuff, Joshua and I (and my mom and dad) have thoroughly participated in life with one another and three little boys. Here are some happenings in our home these days: (besides MD visits)
Joshua and the boys have been riding bikes NON STOP. Here are two videos to show off my kids abilities. :)
Benjamin's school has trousers (that was supposed to be tortoises, not trousers hahahaha). Three of them. WOW awesome is that??!!!
Benjamin is really progressing with his reading. He loves school so much. We are thankful for yet another GIFT from God is the decision to put both boys in school this year, seeing homeschooling would have been out of the question! Oh the mercies....
John William is kind and strong and lovely. He is such a darling three year old. This morning he looked at my port (place on my neck for chemo which has had a lot of bandages but now is healing) and said to me, "Oh mommy how wonderful! God is healing your boo boo! I am so glad!" He thinks of others constantly before himself and show such a hard work ethic.
Joshua (my fourth and favorite boy in the house) is doing well. This is hard on him, I am sure even more so than he would ever share with me. We are approaching 7 years of marriage!!! We said today that a private island for about two weeks is LONG over due!!!!!!!!!! :) We thought seminary was hard. amateurs.
update: I had my 2nd round of chemotherapy today. The visits are interesting as it gives me the opportunity to be still, meet awesome people, and pray (chemo days I pray for friends who are suffering from illnesses, Doctors & other medical professionals who have the opportunity to use their life as a ministry to Christ, and my own healing while the chemo is flowing). As I sat in my chair today handfuls of hair were falling out. It is strange. I went through a very sad time thinking about going bald, but that has passed and I have accepted the reality of baldness. I am ok with it. The funny (maybe not haha funny) think about my hair is that it just slowly began to fall out. I run my fingers through it and instead of it getting the tangles out - they just fall out.
I feel odd the first few days following chemotherapy. Hard to describe. I have to watch my temper with the boys because I turn into this mean mommy when fatigue and pain hit! Josh and my mom are good at spotting it and getting the kids "away" for a bit. Though I NEVER really want to be away from them! :)
Thanks for the prayers.
"The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7
The LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blesses are all who wait for him." Isaiah 30:18
2 comments:
Cari - The Lord used your post today about praying for others who are suffering and the doctors (as you were getting chemo!) to convict me today. You certainly are an example to so many others. What precious verses you shared too. And, I'm digging the videos. I am praying for you after yesterday's chemo. Love you, sister!
Exodus 14:14 - The LORD will fight for you, you need only be still.
Love :)
Post a Comment