Friday, October 28, 2011

Hair.

My thoughts have changed regarding my hair. Benjamin and I visited his school yesterday for violin lessons and upon his approval i just wore my hat. The small number of children who were at school took quite a bit of notice to me! They were shocked and stared and whispered. I am not sure benjamin noticed,  but I have decided to go with my wig for school functions, church, and other outings simply for the comfort of my children and other children who look upon me. It scares them (not my own kids but other children). A good example was a little girl at church who I have befriended. Her mother died a few years ago and my heart just is so drawn to her!! She sits with me regularly and always runs up to greet me and tell me things about her life... she is precious. Wed night she was sitting next to me and asked if I tucked my hair under my hat. I exampled to her that I have to take medicine that makes my hair fall out... she was so horrified. Poor girl. I decided we need to protect these kids to some degree and one way I can do that is to simply put on my wig! :)

Others might have a different opinion and I respect that. What I have noticed is that regardless of how i feel about my baldness it frightens other people... simply because of the fact that CANCER is frightening. It is and I understand that. On the plus side not wearing a wig gives me COUNTLESS opportunities to talk to people, and I LOVE talking to people. So there will be days when I venture out with a simple head covering and no wig... and on those days I pray that GOd gives me numerous opportunities to share the gospel with people who I meet! What a great chance to minister to others!!!




No comments: